Position Description: Alliance for a Green Economy (AGREE) is in search of a full-time Outreach Manager for our Central New York Regional Clean Energy Hub, an exciting new project developed in partnership with other agencies and organizations in our region. As New York embarks on a transition to an inclusive, clean energy powered economy, all residents, businesses and communities across the state will have access to new opportunities to benefit from this transition including clean energy careers, improved energy affordability, home improvements, and rebates for businesses and transportation. There’s a lot of confusing information out there, and people may not know where to start. The Central New York Clean Energy Hub will connect people to the clean energy economy and will provide opportunities for our community members to transform their lives and the lives of their neighbors. Central New York’s Clean Energy hub will focus on providing solutions to our region’s energy affordability and housing challenges faced by disadvantaged communities in our region.
The Outreach Manager will be responsible for developing outreach strategies, managing a 4-person outreach team, and coordinating all aspects of outreach to community members throughout the Central New York Region. The ideal candidate is a motivated, dependable, organized, and creative individual who is passionate about communicating with and empowering community members to participate in the green economy.
- Working with community partners to develop an equitable engagement plan and outreach and marketing strategies that includes grassroots outreach/communications, earned and paid media, social media, community workshops, canvassing, and more
- Managing the four-person Outreach Team and coordinating with partners and local community organizations to implement engagement plans and strategies
- Supporting Outreach Team members in bringing their creativity, diverse skills, and community connections to the outreach work of the hub; holding team members accountable to their work plans and troubleshooting team challenges
- Leading the development and design of clear multilingual educational and publicity materials
- Facilitating the Outreach Team’s process to design and deliver energy literacy workshops and other popular education events
- Developing and managing a project and contact management workflow to engage, guide, and follow up with enrollees as they go through the process of learning about and participating in weatherization, electrification, clean transportation, solar, clean energy career pathways, and other various opportunities offered by the hub
- Researching and implementing innovative models for training and empowering community members as volunteers and leaders in the outreach of the hub
- Working with a website developer to create a website for the hub
- Designing effective feedback and evaluation processes and stakeholder engagement events to continuously improve the hub own operations and programs, as well as inform NYSERDA’s program design
- Participating in check-in calls with NYSERDA, program partners, and partner installer(s)
- Ensure seamless handoff of hub participants with harder to answer questions to an “Energy Navigator” at the Central New York Regional Planning and Development Board or other knowledgeable partners
- Participating in best practices sharing calls with other community campaigns
- Tracking and reporting monthly progress and expenses related to AGREE’s participation in the hub
- Submitting brief monthly reports and invoices as required
- Ensuring all Outreach Team members are consistently trained to competently carry out their roles and that they have information on NYSERDA program changes and new opportunities
Location and travel requirements: This is largely a work-from-home position that will require frequent in-person presence with Outreach Team members, community partners, and at outreach events throughout Central New York. Candidates must reside within Onondaga, Madison, Cayuga, Oswego, or Cortland Counties.
Compensation: This is a salaried position; compensation will range from $55,000-$58,000 annually, depending on experience. Benefits include health and dental insurance, paid personal leave, and generous vacation.
- Excellent communications skills – especially writing for public consumption; Ability to craft clear, concise messages
- At least 2 years of management or team facilitation experience required
- At least 2 years of experience in a communications, organizing, or other relevant role required
- Demonstrated strategic campaign/program development abilities
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects while communicating proactively and leading collaborative projects
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, stay organized, to follow through on details in a remote working environment
- Demonstrated commitment to social and environmental justice
- Demonstrated commitment to collaborate and build partnerships through active listening and solidarity
- Comfort with public speaking and engaging diverse audiences
- Experience with and interest in traditional outreach methods as well as a desire to experiment with new ways of reaching the public
- Graphic design abilities strongly preferred
- Website experience strongly preferred
- Access to reliable transportation and an ability to transport workshop materials to events
- Candidates fluent in more than one language, community connections to the region’s disadvantaged communities, and/or relevant lived experience facing the types of energy and housing challenges the hub seeks to address will be preferred
How to Apply: Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis; the position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified. Applicants should submit a letter of application, a resume, and 1-3 work samples using our website’s application form, linked here. The letter of application will be the most important determining document for who will be interviewed for the position. The letter should be 2-5 pages and should summarize relevant experience and skills. The letter should also discuss why the applicant is enthusiastic to work on this position. Work samples should demonstrate the candidate’s skills in one or more of the areas listed in the job description.
Questions? Contact AGREE’s Deputy Director: email@example.com or (315) 480-1515 x 705